Monday, September 17, 2007

2nd stage

It’s hard to always believe what you hear, but nonetheless we take plenty of information, facts, or ideas and initially predict that they are the absolute truth. Correlating to this natural effect is how certain points of views are passed unto us from our peers, family, or even the media, and we don’t always realize that subtly our ideas are being influenced. Instead of accepting others values so easily. We should challenge ourselves to become critical thinkers. To pay more close attention to details, dig deep and search through the vast amount of information available to us. It’s important for us to evaluate both sides of the story, and then without external influences choose wisely to the best appropriate answer. Sure it’s easy for me to say this, and by no means have I always done things this way. But I take comfort in knowing that critical thinking is a skill, and by being a skill we can all get better at it with practice.

I’m describing all of this because of what happening in my government class recently. A young lady did a presentation that indirectly involved former mayor Rudy Giuliani. I don’t remember exactly the formal conversation that followed, but someone mentioned that Rudy Giuliani was a good person. It seemed that many shared this individual’s point of view. I was initially reluctant to agree to this because of what I scarcely overhead about New York Firefighters and the aftermath of 9/11. I couldn’t remember precisely what it was about, so I decided to do some research. What I later found is what I would like to share with you. The link I am going to provide will send you to a video documentary. I believe that this form of information is the future and more in tune with the 21st century. Also, this type of media represents a change in our times and in my opinion how the internet will revolutionize politics. Please be patient with the short video (it is about 13 minutes in length total). I assure you it is both revealing and interesting.

http://therealrudy.org/blog/5400-rudy-s-9-11-failures-of-leadership-exposed-by-fire-fighters?play=1

No comments: